Display and manipulate grid images and contour plots
Continous density contour plots can be manipulated in a number of ways. Simple experimentation can produce interesting results.
Traditional contour plots and phase diagrams can also be manipulated, though results may be less useful.
To manipulate an image:
- Produce the contour plot or phase diagram.
- Click the button, and click Composite image.
- Do any of the following:
- Drag the Minimum and Maximum ends on the color slider
- Click , and select one of the following. Repeat as desired.
A description of selections appears in the dialog box next to Primary image.
- Color invert image, to invert colors in the image.
- Maximum component of image, to [description]
- Minimum component of image, to [description]
To print or save an image:
◆ In the Image Manipulation dialog box, click one of the following:
- to save the image in PNG format.
- to print the image. The dialog allows output to be written to a PDF file.
To difference two images:
- Manipulate an image, and save it.
- Continue manipulating the image, or create a new one.
- Click , and select Difference with image.
- Navigate to the saved image, and click Open.